Sunday 13 July 2014

Working on Dungeon

Hello, and welcome to the Dungeon development blog (by Wixu Games)! Here I will update my progress on the game I'm currently working on: Dungeon, a commercial game which was inspired by just my imagination and some other dungeon games, the game itself will be based around survival, will have a story, and a massive dungeon to explore!

I've been working on the game for 7 days since the 4th July (Friday), and I've been enjoying every bit of it!

Here's a picture of the actual game, and character:



This is a show off of the inventory system, featuring not only a normal inventory, but an analysis of each item! it also allows you to use certain items such as band aid kits!

 The game is going very well so far, I've added the inventory system, and I've pretty much finished the player engine, Now I will be working on new things:
- Basic enemy
- Basic trap/hurting thing
- Basic button
- Basic lever
- Cracked wall
- Key
- Locked door
- Health fruit
- Mana orb

The game is windows only, but has windows 7 and 8 support as far as I know, if you have any problems with the game feel free to comment and I will look into it.

I'm going to work very hard on this game full-time during these school holidays. My "deadline" is the 21st of July, however with the current progress I will have to get to the 21st of July to adjust to a new deadline, although I do believe I will have time to put in a great demo of the game! (looking forward to it)

If anyone wants to download the current game file for bug hunting or whatever other reason, visit my topic in the GMC Forums: http://gmc.yoyogames.com/index.php?showtopic=629735

Thanks for reading !

No comments:

Post a Comment